Visitors to Alton are sure to enjoy the shopping and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's local tours, wineries and cafes.
- You'll find 79 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Collinsville
- The closest major airport is in St. Louis, MO (STL-Lambert-St. Louis Intl.), 14.2 mi (22.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in St. Louis, MO (SUS-Spirit of St. Louis), 29.3 mi (47.2 km) away
Getting around Alton
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Alton Station or Alton Station. Alton might not have as many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Alton
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 16°C during the day and -5°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 31°C, whilst the average at night is 5°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 32°C with night-time averages of 12°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 24°C and nighttime averages of -5°C
- About 1049 millimetres of rain falls on Alton each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 31°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -4°C