Availability: Mauna Lani Bay Hotel and Bungalows
Standard Room, Garden ViewMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 2 children, 2 infants)
Standard Room, Ocean ViewMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 2 children, 2 infants)
Standard Room, OceanfrontMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 2 children, 2 infants)
Standard RoomMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 2 children, 2 infants)
Oceanfront luxury resort on Hawaii’s Kohala Coast
White Sandy Beach
Mauna Lani Bay Hotel & Bungalows is an oceanfront oasis on a white sandy beach amid lush tropical gardens and fishponds. This resort features 2 world-class golf courses, water sports and Hawaiian-inspired spa.
Amenities at Mauna Lani Bay Hotel & Bungalows include a fitness club and complimentary activities and cultural experiences. Mauna Lani features the Francis H. I'i Brown North and South golf courses. Both courses offer a challenging experience to novice and professional golfers alike.
This open air atrium-style hotel offers 341 guestrooms with private lanais.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Mauna Lani Bay Hotel and Bungalows Amenities
Mauna Lani Bay Hotel & Bungalows is nestled along a white sandy beach on the Kohala Coast, Island of Hawaii. Kona International airport lies 23 miles/25 minutes away. The town of Waimea is only 30 minutes south of the hotel.The six-story oceanfront resort includes an open-air atrium filled with waterfalls, fishponds, and lush foliage. Complimentary cabanas and hammocks line the beach. Guests enjoy complimentary snorkeling, historic and petroglyph tours, fish-feeding tours, hula, ukulele- and lei-making lessons, bicycles, a fitness club, a laundry room, in-room coffee, Internet access, and self-parking.
- Children's pool
- Outdoor pool
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Room service (24 hours)
- Coffee shop or café
- Poolside bar
- 24-hour front desk
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Conference space
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Hair salon
- Concierge services
- Multilingual staff
- Business center
- Babysitting or childcare
- Express check-out
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Number of floors - 6
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Picnic area
- Full-service spa
- Health club
- Total number of rooms - 341
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Conference space size (meters) - 1579
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Wedding services
- Express check-in
- Grocery/convenience store
- Number of spa tubs - 3
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Designated smoking areas
- Beach/pool umbrellas
- Children's club
- Laundry facilities
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Meeting rooms
- Conference space size (feet) - 17,000
- Number of meeting rooms - 9
- Golf course on site
- Tennis on site
- Shopping on site
- Steam room
- Supervised childcare/activities
- Use of nearby fitness center (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Video-game console
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Separate sitting area
- Air conditioning
- Complimentary newspaper
- Ceiling fan
- Coffee/tea maker
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Daily housekeeping
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Climate control
- Free local calls
- Complimentary bottled water
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Shower/tub combination
- LCD TV
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Cable TV service
Canoe House - Located oceanfront serving fresh cuisine with a contemporary flair. Enjoy a creative farm-to-table menu of island fresh cuisine with a contemporary flair, as you relax and enjoy scenic Kohala Coast sunsets.
Dinner is served nightly from 5:30 PM to 8:45 PM. Enjoy live entertainment (solo musician) from 6 PM - 8:30 PM.
Bay Terrace - The open-air garden setting of the Bay Terrace is the perfect location to enjoy a taste of the islands. Breakfast features a bountiful buffet and a la carte menu. Lunch offers fresh salads, sandwiches and island favorites including tropical drinks. Breakfast Buffet: 6:30 AM - 10:00 AM; Lunch: 11 AM - 2 PM; Dinner Buffets 5 PM - 8:30 PM Sunday & Monday.
Room Service - Available 24 hours.
Private Dining - Available 24 hours.
A myriad of complimentary cultural activities include hula and lei-making lessons, ukulele lessons, and on-site historic and fish-feeding tours. The concierge can also arrange fishing adventures, snorkel and sunset sails, scuba diving, surfing, and tours around the Big Island (surcharges).
36 holes of championship golf offers panoramic views and over-the-water holes. The Sports and Fitness Club provides cardio machines and resistance equipment, a free weight room, a lap pool, and spa tub. Personal trainers (surcharge) are also available. A large, oceanfront swimming pool is located by the Ocean Bar.
A year-round children's camp (surcharge) includes a varying schedule of activities such as learning Hawaiian crafts and games. Annually, green sea turtles raised in the resort's pond are released into the wild on July 4th. The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Water skiing nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Aerobics on site
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Fishing on site
- Golf driving range on site
- Golf lessons on site
- Golfing on site
- Hiking/biking trails on site
- Kayaking on site
- Mountain biking on site
- Pilates classes on site
- Rowing or canoeing on site
- Sailing on site
- Scuba diving on site
- Snorkeling on site
- Surfing/boogie boarding on site
- Tennis on site
- Tennis lessons on site
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
- Ecotours nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Deep tissue massage
- Swedish massage
- Prenatal massage
- Thai massage
- Sports massage
- Couples treatment rooms
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Hydrotherapy treatments
- Ayurvedic treatments
- Sauna in spa
- Spa tub in spa
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
- In-room accessibility
Mauna Lani Bay Hotel and Bungalows Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Please note Guests departing prior to their scheduled check-out date may be assessed a fee of up to 2 nights' room cost + tax. To avoid an early departure fee, guests must confirm departure date upon check-in.
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
Hotel resort fee inclusions (may be listed elsewhere in this description as complimentary or available for a surcharge):
- Resort fee: USD 25 per accommodation, per night
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Health club access
- Fitness center access
- Sporting facilities or equipment
- Internet access (may be limited)
- Phone calls (may be limited)
- In-room bottled water
- Self parking
- Valet parking
- Additional inclusions
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Breakfast fee: USD 31.00 for adults and USD 16.00 for children (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 11.00 per day (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 18 per night (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: USD 18 per night (in/out privileges)
- In-room microwave fee: USD 25.00 per night
- Additional Details
Children 18 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- Mauna Lani Bay Hotel and Bungalows is listed in the 2011 Condé Nast Traveler Gold List of the world's best places to stay and the 2013 Travel + Leisure 500.
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.
- The property is a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts.