Please enter your travel dates.
Standard Room, 2 Single Beds
Superior Room, 2 Single Beds
Standard Room, 1 Queen Bed
Superior Room, 1 Queen Bed
Historical charm, natural setting, near Ooty Botanical Gardens
Hillside, near Ooty Lake
Perched on a hillside amid colorful English gardens, this Ooty hotel is within 2 to 3 km of the city center, Ooty Botanical Gardens, Ooty Lake, and the Ooty Railway Station. Doddabetta Peak is 10 km (6 mi) away.
Established in the mid-1800s, the Savoy Hotel is set on 6 landscaped acres. Guests enjoy a complimentary daily breakfast. Other highlights include a restaurant, a British-inspired bar, and a tea lounge.
The 40 smoke-free guestrooms are housed in colonial-style cottages that open onto the gardens. Accommodations are individually decorated and come with flat-screen TVs and wireless Internet access (surcharge). Some have fireplaces.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Set amid six acres of gardens and open lawns, the Savoy Hotel is just 2 km (1.2) from central Ooty, a historical and recreational hub. The hotel itself is a historical landmark, built in the 1800s in the colonial British style.
Guests can start the day with a complimentary breakfast. The European-inspired Dining Room serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner, complemented by the glow of the fireplace. The Tea Lounge, open morning till evening, overlooks the lush green lawns. The Canterbury Bar serves fine Indian and international spirits, wines, and liqueurs, along with cocktails and mocktails. 24-hour room service is available.
Other highlights include an ayurveda center, a 24-hour fitness center, and on-site activities such as billiards, badminton, and basketball. The staff is happy to arrange off-site activities and excursions, including boating in Ooty Lake, bird-watching, tea-factory tours, hiking, and visits to the Doddabetta Peak viewpoint.
- Concierge desk
- Coffee shop or café
- Room service (24 hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Total number of rooms - 40
- Number of floors - 1
- Medical assistance available
- Audiovisual equipment
- Laundry facilities
- Babysitting or childcare
- Banquet facilities
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Currency exchange
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Event catering
- Exhibit space
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Internet point
- Designated smoking areas
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Dial-up Internet access - surcharge
- Children's club
- One meeting/conference room
- Free parking
- Free self parking
- Free valet parking
- Picnic area
- Luggage storage
- Free guest parking during stay
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 70
- Conference center
- Year Built 1900
- 24-hour business center
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 753
- Security guard
- Smoke-free property
- Television in lobby
- Tour assistance
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge), Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge, Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
Free parking, Free guest parking during stay, Free self parking, Free valet parking
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Coffee/tea maker
- Air conditioning
- Ceiling fan
- Climate control
- Access via exterior corridors
- Complimentary bottled water
- Turndown service
- Hair dryer
- Complimentary newspaper
- Direct-dial phone
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Daily housekeeping
- Extra towels/bedding
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Free movie channels
- Individually furnished
- Individually decorated
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Satellite TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Dial-up Internet access (surcharge)
Guests can enjoy a complimentary breakfast each morning.
The Dining Room - Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, the Dining Room showcases regional and international cuisine. A crackling fireplace enhances the ambience. Live piano music is provided evenings except Tuesdays.
Canterbury Bar - This Old English–style bar serves Indian and international spirits, wines, and liqueurs, cocktails, and mocktails. Open late morning till mid-afternoon and evenings.
Tea Lounge - Overlooking the lush green lawns, the Tea Lounge offers all-day dining, including afternoon tea by the fireplace.
In-room dining (limited menu) is available 24 hours a day.
The recreational activities listed below are available onsite or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Boating nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Horse riding/rental nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Bird watching nearby
- Basketball on site
- Playground on site
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Special check-in instructions:
To register at this property, guests who are Indian citizens must provide a valid photo identity card issued by the Government of India; Permanent Account Number (PAN) cards will not be accepted due to national regulations. Guests who are foreign nationals must present a valid passport and visa.
Indian citizens must show a PAN card at check-out for cash transactions exceeding INR 25000.
Check-out time is noon
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in ISO 14001 Environmental Management Standard, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
- The property is a member of Heritage Hotels of India.