Get an overview of this hotelEconomy Hotel in CBD Location
Popular property highlights
Located in the Haymarket area of Sydney, Capitol Square Hotel is on the border of Chinatown, 3 blocks from Central Station and within a short walk of Darling Harbour.
Sharing European heritage architecture with the neighboring 19th-Century Capitol Theatre, this historic property offers all the essential conveniences wrapped in an old-world design.
All guest rooms contain an en-suite with bath/shower and individually controlled air-conditioning. Other features include tea and coffee facilities, compact refrigerators, flat screen TVs, hairdryers, irons, and complimentary toiletries.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Capitol Square Hotel Sydney
Heritage listed by the National Trust, Capitol Square Hotel offers budget accommodation in a central location with a range of rooms to suit singles, couples, and families.
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Airport transportation - drop-off (surcharge)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- 24-hour front desk
- Total number of rooms - 94
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Number of floors - 5
- Tours/ticket assistance
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Luggage storage
- Offsite parking discounted rates available
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( AUD 10.00 per 24-hour period )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( AUD 10.00 per 24-hour period )
Self parking (surcharge), Offsite parking discounted rates available
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Iron/ironing board
- Electric kettle
- Digital TV service
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Jade Restaurant - Located on the second floor overlooking the historic Capitol Theatre, it is the perfect place to start the day.
Daily Breakfast Opening Hours: Monday to Friday - 6:30 AM to 10 AM; Saturday, Sunday & Public Holidays - 7 AM to 10:30 AM.
Paddy Maguire's Irish Pub
Nearby Things to Do
The Royal Botanic Gardens, which offer a walking/jogging path that runs throughout the gardens and along Sydney Harbour, are 1.5 kilometers (0.9 miles) from the hotel.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for AUD 40.00 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Deposit: AUD 100 per stay
- Fee for buffet breakfast: AUD 19.00 for adults and AUD 9.50 for children (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: AUD 10.00 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: AUD 10.00 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Airport shuttle fee: AUD 15.00 per person
- Airport shuttle fee per child: AUD 15.00
- Self parking fee: AUD 30.00 per night
- Late check-out fee: AUD 30.00
- Rollaway bed fee: AUD 40.00 per night
- Onsite credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
- Capitol Square Hotel
- Capitol Square Hotel Sydney
- Capitol Square Sydney
- Capitol Square
This property has been awarded a star rating from the Australian Star Ratings Agency, Star Ratings Australia.