Travellers to Canacona give high marks for the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its temples. Top sights around the area include Palolem Beach, Cavelossim Beach and Varca Beach.
- There are 88 hotels and other accommodation options in Canacona
- The closest major airport is in Goa (GOI-Dabolim), 27.9 mi (44.9 km) from the city centre
Getting around Canacona
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Canacona Station. Canacona might not have as many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Canacona
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 37°C and the nighttime average to be 17°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 38°C during the day and 21°C at night
- July to September averages 30°C during the day and 21°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 31°C during the day and 16°C at night
- About 653 millimetres of rain falls on Canacona each year
- Hottest months are usually April and May with an average temperature of 36°C, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 17°C