Availability: The Lafayette Hotel, Swim Club & Bungalows
Standard Room, 2 Queen BedsMax Occupancy: 5 guests (up to 2 children, 2 infants)
Standard Room, 1 King BedMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 1 child, 2 infants)
Standard Room, 2 Queen Beds, PoolsideMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children, 3 infants)
SuiteMax Occupancy: 5 guests (up to 3 children, 3 infants)
Bungalow, 2 BedroomsMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 2 children, 1 infant)
Eco-friendly hotel with 2 restaurants, in San Diego (Downtown - San Diego Intl Airport)
This eco-friendly hotel is located in San Diego (Downtown - San Diego Intl Airport), near the airport, Mission Valley Mall, San Diego Zoo, and Balboa Park. Also nearby are Balboa Park Carousel and Desert Garden.
In addition to 2 restaurants, The Lafayette Hotel, Swim Club & Bungalows features an outdoor pool. Other amenities include a poolside bar and a bar/lounge.
LCD televisions come with premium cable channels. Guestrooms also feature complimentary wireless Internet access, complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access, and iPod docking stations.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
The Lafayette Hotel, Swim Club & Bungalows Amenities
The Lafayette Hotel, Swim Club & Bungalows features an outdoor pool and a fitness center. Dining is available at one of the hotel's 2 restaurants. Guests can unwind with a drink at one of the hotel's bars, which include a poolside bar and a bar/lounge. A computer station is located on site and high-speed wireless Internet access is complimentary.
Business-related amenities at this 3-star property consist of a 24-hour business center and a meeting/conference room. Event facilities measuring 10,000 square feet (929 square meters) include a conference center. This eco-friendly hotel also offers a terrace, tour/ticket assistance, and multilingual staff. A total renovation of this property was completed in January 2012.
The Lafayette Hotel, Swim Club & Bungalows is a smoke-free property.
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Television in lobby
- Concierge services
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Fitness facilities
- Total number of rooms - 131
- 24-hour front desk
- Year Built 1946
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Computer station
- Luggage storage
- One meeting room
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Multilingual staff
- Number of restaurants - 2
- 24-hour business center
- Conference space size (feet) - 10,000
- Conference space size (meters) - 929
- Conference center
- Pool sun loungers
- Free parking nearby
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 5
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Wedding services
- Free Wi-Fi
- Poolside bar
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Free parking nearby
- Room Amenities
- Complimentary newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Climate control
- Access via exterior corridors
- Free local calls
- Daily housekeeping
- Designer toiletries
- Iron/ironing board
- Cable TV service
- Cribs/infant beds available
- iPod docking station
- In-room safe
- Pay movies
- Premium TV channels
- Private bathroom
- Shower/tub combination
- LCD TV
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
Cooked-to-order breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 7 AM and 11 AM.
Hope 46 - This poolside restaurant specializes in American cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch, dinner, and brunch. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. A children's menu is available. Happy hour is offered.
Red Fox Restaurant - This steakhouse specializes in American cuisine and serves lunch and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. A children's menu is available.
Recreational amenities at the hotel include an outdoor pool and a fitness center.
Guests under 18 years old are not allowed in the fitness facility.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Skydiving nearby
- Ecotours nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
The Lafayette Hotel, Swim Club & Bungalows Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is 11 AM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Carte Blanche, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
Only service dogs are allowed
No rollaway/extra beds available
Noise-free rooms not guaranteed
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Early check-in fee: USD 25.00
- Deposit: USD 100/500 per stay
- Refrigerator fee: USD 10.00 per night
- Additional Details
Children 13 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. Some facilities may have restricted access. Guests can contact the property for details using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in California Green Lodging Program, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.