Availability: Space Hotel - Backpacker
Queen Room - Shared BathroomMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child)
Twin Room - Shared BathroomMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child)
Queen Room - Private BathroomMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child)
Executive Queen RoomMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child)
Deluxe Queen RoomMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child)
Family Room - Shared BathroomMax Occupancy: 5 guests (up to 4 children)
Family Room - Private BathroomMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children)
8 Bed DormitoryMax Occupancy: 1 guest
6 Bed DormitoryMax Occupancy: 1 guest
6 Bed Dormitory - Female OnlyMax Occupancy: 1 guest
4 Bed DormitoryMax Occupancy: 1 guest
4 Bed Dormitory - Semi PrivateMax Occupancy: 1 guest
Single Room - Shared BathroomMax Occupancy: 1 guest
Melbourne eco-friendly hostel near RMIT University
This eco-friendly hostel is located in the heart of Melbourne, walking distance from Old Melbourne Gaol, RMIT University, and Melbourne Central. Also nearby are Queen Victoria Market and Bourke Street Mall.
In addition to a restaurant, Space Hotel - Backpacker features a spa tub. Other amenities include a bar/lounge and a rooftop terrace.
All guestrooms include wireless Internet access (surcharge) and climate control.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Space Hotel - Backpacker Amenities
Space Hotel - Backpacker features a spa tub and a fitness center. The hostel offers a restaurant. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. A computer station is located on site and high-speed wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge.
This eco-friendly hostel also offers a rooftop terrace, a library, and tour/ticket assistance. For a surcharge, the property provides a roundtrip airport shuttle (available on request) and an area shuttle.
Space Hotel - Backpacker has designated areas for smoking.
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- 24-hour front desk
- Number of floors - 8
- Concierge services
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Designated smoking areas
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Computer station
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
- Luggage storage
- Laundry facilities
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Total number of rooms - 92
- Rooftop terrace
- Picnic area
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Spa tub
- Barbecue grill(s)
- Fitness facilities
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Room Amenities
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Climate control
- Individually furnished
Blue Moon Bar - This pub specializes in local cuisine and serves lunch and dinner. Guests can enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting). Happy hour is offered.
Recreational amenities at the hostel include a spa tub and a fitness center.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Rock climbing nearby
Space Hotel - Backpacker Policies & Fees
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-out time is 10 AM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- No onsite parking is available.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
No rollaway/extra beds available
No cribs (infant beds) available
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: AUD 10 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: AUD 10 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Late check-out fee: AUD 20
- Additional Details
This property's policy is to refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, including pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties. A resort fee is included in the total price displayed.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Globe Certification, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
This property does not have an official STAR Rating from AAA Tourism Pty Ltd. For the benefit of our customers, we have provided a rating based on our rating system.